< Back to Blog
Original link:

2023-07-09 14:16:29

How to Cook a Steak Indoors

video content Image generated by Wilowrid

Hi , welcome to steak .

11 , indoor cooking .

You know , outdoor grilling is a tried and proven method for cooking steaks .

But there are many other ways that we can cook steaks today .

I'm going to show you how to oven broil pan , saute and sear and slow roast your steaks to perfection .

First , there's oven broiling .

This is a quick and easy method .

We start by preheating our broiler on high .

Then we position the top rack so the steaks will end up about 2 to 3 inches from the top element .

Then we push the steaks in like this .

We're going to cook them for about 60% of the time on the first side and then flip them and cook them for the other 40% .

On the second side , you can reference our steak cooking chart online or use your iphone app for exact cooking times .

Oh , now those look beautiful .

Now , let's look at pan searing .

Pan , searing is another easy way to cook a great steak .

video content Image generated by Wilowrid

We want to start by preheating a pan .

I like to preheat them on high and then turn the pan down to medium or medium high depending on your stove , then we're gonna take our prepared steaks and we're gonna put them right in that pan and we're gonna brown them on the first side , cooking them 60% of the time before flipping them over and cooking the other 40% of the time .

You don't really need to add any oil to the pan because we've already oiled and salted our steaks and the marbling will create the fat necessary to cook these sticks .

But if you want to , you can still add a little bit of canola oil or olive oil .

Oh , those are perfect .

See , pan saute or pan searing is one of my favorite ways to cook steaks because you get such nice even searing even more so than grilling .

video content Image generated by Wilowrid

Another thing you can do indoors is use a grill pan and use the same method with a grill pan where you have the grates inside the pan that allow you to get the grill marks as well .

But a pan saut ed or pan seared steak is hard to beat .

The next method we're going to look at is called Sear and slow roasting .

And as you might guess we start by searing the steaks in the pan and then we finish them in a 300 degree oven .

See , we got our pan preheated here .

We got our steaks prepped .

We'll go ahead and place them in the pan and we're going to cook them on the first side for about 2 to 3 minutes .

All right , we have nice brown searing on the first side .

Now we're going to take the entire pan and put it in our 300 degree oven and we're going to let them cook .

Now , this method works really well for thicker cuts of steak .

video content Image generated by Wilowrid

The benefit of the sea and slow roast method is you get a nice even doneness all the way through the steak .

So , as you can see , there are many great ways to cook a steak indoors .

So don't be afraid to try one of these techniques .


Attention YouTube vloggers and media companies!
Are you looking for a way to reach a wider audience and get more views on your videos?
Our innovative video to text transcribing service can help you do just that.
We provide accurate transcriptions of your videos along with visual content that will help you attract new viewers and keep them engaged. Plus, our data analytics and ad campaign tools can help you monetize your content and maximize your revenue.
Let's partner up and take your video content to the next level!
Contact us today to learn more.